This was once the home of the Clan Angels of Justice. The clan is no longer operational, and only the ruins remain.

HomeAbout AjustUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Beating Yuri as Sov

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards
Favorite Faction : Allies

PostSubject: Beating Yuri as Sov   Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:15 am

As previously explained, Yuri is overpowered. He is extremely difficult to defeat, for either of the other factions. Soviets have a particularly hard time against Yuri because of a lack of late game prowess. In this guide, I will explain how to defeat Yuri as a Soviet player.

The only Soviet country that stands a chance against Yuri is Iraq of course. There are two keys to beating Yuri as Soviet. They are the Iron Curtain and the Desolator. What the Soviet player must do is get desos ASAP. With the deso, you approach his slave miner, and deploy near it, melting all his slaves. This will slow his cash flow a lot. There is no unit he possesses until late game that can kill the deso without being killed in the ore patch. That unit is the Floating Disk. With luck, he won't reach the late game.

From here, you need to keep your desos alive as long as possible. Bring a few rhinos to back up your deso, so if he attacks the deso with his miner, you can keep him at bay with rhinos. Or, you can just do as much damage as possible with desos, make no rhinos, and tech up.

The point of teching up quickly is to make an IC as fast as possible. If you have done everything right, you should have an IC and he barely has anything. Most likely though, he will be getting a lab up and making mag + mm + disks + gat. This mix is impossible to defeat without the IC as Sov. After you build your IC, make 9 terror drones. When the IC is ready, use it on your drones. Assuming in the time you have with the IC, you get 1 vehicle with each drone, that is 9+ units he will lose or has to grind. If he grinds the unit, he gets a full refund for his unit and the drone. If you continue to do this, he won't have an army to attack or defend with. Once he is broken, start making rhinos to finish the job. You can build a nuke, or continue to make rhinos.

When finishing off his base with rhinos, and you are using the IC, split your rhinos into groups. Have 2 rhinos attack his barracks. Have 4 or 5 attacking his conyard. Have the rest take out his lab. From there finish it how you see fit. This is assuming he didn't have any superweapons. The priority list looks like this:

1. Battle Lab
2. ConYard
3. War Factory
4. Super Weapons
5. Barracks
6. Everything else

You take out the lab and conyard at the same time. This will prevent him from making his power units in the late game. Next his war factory goes so he cannot make anymore units or an mcv. His superweapons may be a pain in the ass, but they are not that important as he should lose even with supers if he has no war factory. Barracks come next and that can be done by splitting rhinos . If he can make Yuri Clones, he can still win. Radar and Grinder will not do much for him without a war factory or barracks, so they are not high on the list.

Despite this plan, it can be really hard to execute. The Yuri player will be ready to try and counter your desos. He will usually make a Virus for this. A battle lab will be built, and then he will get disks. Once that happens, all that can save you is the IC, so you have to be flawless in your execution.

Recap

Early game get desos out. Kill slaves with deso for as long as possible. Tech up to IC. Make drones. Kill his units with ICed drones. Rinse and repeat until he has nothing left. Go in with rhinos to finish the job.

This strategy will be difficult to execute on a bigger map, but it really is the only hope that Soviets have of defeating Yuri.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
kilaseson
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Kilaseson's Awards
Favorite Faction : Soviets

PostSubject: Re: Beating Yuri as Sov   Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:48 am

ok ill pratice that bo an offence
Back to top Go down
KingDuCe
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Beating Yuri as Sov   Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:41 pm

yo my yuri is decent, if you need a guy as partner where u can train in ffg.
im up for it Smile
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Beating Yuri as Sov   Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:48 pm

That would be good. I would like to practice my sov vs yuri on you and my yuri vs sov. I know your sov is very good.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
KingDuCe
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Beating Yuri as Sov   Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:13 pm

my yuri is better.
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Beating Yuri as Sov   Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Better than your sov?

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
KingDuCe
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Beating Yuri as Sov   Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:19 am

yea, i went once 20-0 with yuri, then i get bails.
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Beating Yuri as Sov   Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:48 am

Lol yea man you are a good player.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beating Yuri as Sov   Today at 4:19 pm