This was once the home of the Clan Angels of Justice. The clan is no longer operational, and only the ruins remain.

HomeAbout AjustUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Superweapon Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards
Favorite Faction : Allies

PostSubject: Superweapon Guide   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:44 am

Superweapons. The technology that can instantly make or break a game. Hated by many, loved by few. Superweapons can turn a noob into a dominant force. Maybe that is why many people hate them. In this guide, I will discuss how to utilize each superweapon, and what the advantaged and disadvantages are for each. I will also touch on the disadvantages of building a superweapon in general.

Allied Superweapons

The Allies probably have the worst duo of superweapons in the game. This is due to the fact that the Weather Storm is random in its destruction, and the Chronosphere takes 7 minutes to charge, compared to the 5 minutes for the other factions' light superweapon. However, that does not mean that Allied players should not build either of these. They are both very powerful, and can win games for you.

Chronosphere

The Chronosphere is the Allied light superweapon. It has a charge time of 7 minutes, and is very useful. When the Chronosphere has finished charging, once it is selected, a 3x3 circle will show. This allows 9 units (not infantry, dolphins, or any organic unit) to be phased. What the Chronosphere will then do, when that group of units are clicked somewhere else, will teleport them there. This can be used in a variety of ways. Offensively, you can teleport a group of units to an undefended part of an opponent's base and wreak havoc. Prism tanks are favorite units of many players to use offensively. Depending on what units the opponent has, I suggest 5 mirage tanks, 3 prism tanks, and 1 bf loaded with 4 ggis and 1 seal. When attacking the opponent's base, attack vital building first. I suggest taking out the battle lab first, then the barracks, then any war factories the opponent may have. If the opponent has only 1 war factory, then take that out before the barracks. After the war factories have been destroyed, go for the construction yard. Superweapons come next. If the opponent has no conyard or war factories, then they will lose even with superweapons.

To use the chronosphere defensively, you can chrono the enemy units away from your base. If there is water on the map, chrono land units in water. Conversely, you can chrono naval units onto land.

There are other nifty tricks one can use with the Chronosphere. If the game is an FFA, and you have your Chronosphere charged, you can chrono an opponent's units into another opponent's base. This can accomplish a few things. For one, the player whose units you chronoed would not be able to immediately counter you, especially because he is preoccupied with his teleported units. Two, that player will probably try to retreat or destroy the player's base he got put into. This can lead to some serious destruction. You can take a player out without using any of your own units!

Another Chronosphere trick is to teleport some of your units on top of an enemy's. This will kill all of the crushed units, but your units will be unharmed. This can end the game many times.

If you have a Soviet ally, and his Iron Curtain is ready, you can teleport a select group of units to a certain position. Signal to him where you will teleport them with a beacon, and he will be ready. When they teleport, he will then IC them. This is deadly. If he is Libya, chrono 9 of his demo trucks, watch him IC them, and enjoy the fireworks! Cuba can also do this.

Weather Storm

The Weather Storm is the heavy superweapon for the Allied forces. It will rain down powerful lightning bolts onto the target area. The effect will be random, although it will always be within the target area. Some units or small structures may go untouched during the storm. There aren't any real strategies to using this, except aim to kill. You can take out some vital structures such as a war factory or battle lab. You can also opt to take out a clumped group of enemy units. This can whittle down the force and damage the survivors, making them easy pickings for your healthier force. This is the coolest looking super in the game in my opinion.

Side Note: Two Weather Storms CANNOT be used simultaneously. Whichever is deployed first will go first. The other player will be left out until the first storm is over.

Soviet Superweapons

The Soviets have a great duo of supers. They possess the Iron Curtain, and the Nuclear Missile.

Iron Curtain

The Iron Curtain is arguably the best light superweapon in the game. It has a target area of 3x3, and the units inside will become invulnerable to any kind of attack. Only mechanical ground units are allowed to be ICed. Infantry will be killed, and aerial units will be unaffected. Every 5 minutes, this monstosity will make a group of 9 units invincible. This helps the Soviet player keep pressure up on the Allied player despite it being the late game. The Iron Curtain is a must against Yuri as explained in the guide on how to beat Yuri as Soviets. The Iron Curtain can be used offensively and defensively as well.

To use the Iron Curtain offensively, get your 9 units into position. Usually this is outside of your opponent's base. Then, select the charged IC, and get it over them. They will be invincible for 19 game seconds. This is a very short time. My best guess would be about 8 or 9 real seconds. Then split the tanks into 3 groups. Use each group to separately attack buildings. Use one group to attack the opponent's conyard. Another group can take out the battle lab. The last group can take out supers. War factories are also important. Each group should be able to take out at least one vital structure before the curtain wears off. Sometimes, you cannot use the curtain on structures. You may need to make you r units invincible to take out an enemy force. The 9 rhinos can be a distraction and chase his units away from his base. You can then come in with another force of regular rhinos to attack his base.

Defensively, the Iron Curtain is the best superweapon in the game. If you are under attack and need to buy some time, or protect against a nuke, the Iron Curtain is your answer. When your opponent launches their attack, IC your most vital structure, or the structure you think they are going for. Then, use your Force Shield. You basically get two. A word of caution; never use your force shield first. This will power you down, and then you will NOT be able to use your IC. You can defend your ally with it too if the situation warrants it.

Nuclear Missile

The nuke is the most consistent heavy superweapon of the 3. It has the same area of effect as the Weather Storm, but the damage is always the same whenever it is launched. This means more predictable and reliable results for use. The objects in the middle of the blast will take the most damage, and the damage dissipates as you move away from the epicenter. After the explosion, the nuke will leave behing radiation for a little while.

Yuri Superweapons

Yuri has a good set of supers. They are probably the best supers out of the 3 factions, and can be used in creative ways.

Genetic Mutator

I must say, this is probably the coolest superweapon of them all. There is a wide area that will turn any infantry in the blast into brutes. This is very useful. You can use the brutes as fodder, or an attack force. Enough brutes can really wreak havoc on tanks if used correctly. Also, they can take out some buildings. You can also use them to distract the enemy and move in a more sinister force.

Another way to use the mutator is to gather all your slaves together. Get as many of them in the blast as you can, and you suddenly have turned a free unit that will regenerate for free into a $500 unit. You can then put them into the grinder and get $250 for each. This is the main use for the Genetic Mutator online. To demonstrate the power of this, suppose you have 4 miners. Each miner has 5 slaves, for a total of 20 slaves. If you get 16 slaves with the mutator, then you get 16 brutes. 16 brutes into the Grinder will get you an additional $4000. This would happen every 5 minutes. The more you are able to do this, the lbigger your advantage because you are getting much more money than your opponent. Also, he will eventually run out of ore and it will not matter to you. Initiates can also turn a profit for you.

Psychic Dominator

The Psychic Dominator is arguably the best heavy superweapon. It has a smaller area of effect than the Weather Storm or the Nuclear Missile, but it makes up for that in other ways. For one, it permanently mind controls any enemy unit in the blast as long as they are a mind-controllable non-aerial unit. This super will not damage the units at all. The other cool effect of the dominator is that it cannot be blocked by a force shield. It is worth using on Allied late game units bunched together. You can use them against the enemy or grinded for cash.

Disadvantages of Building Supers

Despite the awesomeness of superweapons, there are some disadvantages to building them. The main disadvantage is that you are now either $2500 or $5000 in the hole. Your opponent will have that much more money to spend on units than you. Most of the time, you will find that the player that builds supers would have won anyway. A Weather Storm is worth 5 mirage tanks. This brings me to the next problem. You will now have to defend that super with less units than your opponent. This can be difficult. The third problem with building the super is that in an ffa or team game, you will become the focus of all enemies. Players will not hesitate to double you, lame you, distract you, etc. You must be prepared to defend a horde of bloodlusting, scheming enemies with less money!

Why are Supers Needed?

Lots of players don't like supers because they are too powerful or take away from the skill aspect of the game. I disagree with both of the statements. While I would not put supers on all games, they are necessary for some games. Free for alls need superweapons unless it is an all Soviet game. This is because Allied players will camp behind mirages and BFs until the game disconnects from lag due to too many units being built. It forces players to attack and keep them from camping. This adds the amount of skill required to win. Any noob can get 5 BFs and camp to win. But will that n oob be able to defend 20 rhinos coming at them, 9 of them ICed? Or how about the force of prisms that just chronoed in the back of their base, blowing it to bits? If an enemy makes a super before you, it forces you to deal with it. This is why supers are necessary. Not many people want to be in a game for an hour, even if it is an FFA.

Conclusion

Superweapons are not always bad. They are satisfying to use, and very destructive tools to unleash on your enemies. They are needed in some games, and make other types of games more interesting. If anything, they break up the monotony of rhino rush, win, and repeat.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Thoth88
Corporal
Corporal

Thoth88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Superweapon Guide   Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Good write-up! I didn't know all about the chronosphere, now I will be beast.
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Superweapon Guide   Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks bro Cool

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superweapon Guide   Today at 4:19 pm