This was once the home of the Clan Angels of Justice. The clan is no longer operational, and only the ruins remain.

HomeAbout AjustUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Osiris Map Pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards
Favorite Faction : Allies

PostSubject: Osiris Map Pack    Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:48 am

I will have one last map pack for YR. It will have some of my best maps. They include:

Forest Farm
Sand Mine
Blood Oath
Attic of the Arctic
Operation: Free Osiris
Horseshoe Island
Serpent's Bluff
Race of Imperialism
Cliffhanger

I will add a few more and make a map pack that can keep fresh for a while. Once I decide on a final cut for the project, I will describe the maps in great detail.

Here is the link. Enjoy! http://forums.cncden.com/showthread.php?p=421447#post421447

In order to download the files, you must register to that site. They have additional information about YR there, and it is where I learned a good portion of my knowledge about YR. Registration is free, and it is a necessary thing because we cannot post files to our site.

-Genghis Khan

Last edited by Osiris88 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Osiris Map Pack    Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Descriptions for each map:

Forest Farm

Forest Farm is a small map for 2 players. One player starts in the southwest corner of the map, while the other starts in the southeast corner of the map. Between the two maps is a dense forest and uneven terrain. To the north of the forest, and in the central portion of the map, there is a patch of gems sitting atop a hill. On the hill, there is a bunker, garrisonable by infantry. To the north of the gems, towards the top of the map, there is a hospital with lots of ore around it. To the north of each base, there is a moderately-sized ore patch. The rest of the map is just forested or open areas. The map is good for quick 1v1s, working on tank control, and perfecting build orders.

Attic of the Arctic

Attic of the Arctic is a large 6 player map. It takes place in the Artic Circle, and the 6 players are broken into two groups of three on two islands. The islands are triangle shaped, with a base on each angle or point on the island. There are gems in the center of both islands. However, the ground is not flat enough to just stretch there directly. A player can stretch by taking a more indirect route. Each spot gets a large ore patch. Although the land war is hotly contested, it is unwise to neglect a navy in a full game of players. Expect a brutal and bloody battle to be fought over the gems on both islands. This map is good for stretching technique, FFA, 2v2v2, and 3v3.

Blood Oath

Blood Oath is a large 7 player map. It takes place on a coastal area in a forested part of the world. The northern and eastern sides of the map are surrounded by the sea. There are three players that start in the north, three that start in the south, and a 7th player that can be in the middle of the eastern side. There is a large pool of gems in between each of the northern and southern base pairs. Each spot has three medium-sized ore patches. There are several garrisonable houses and barns throughout the map. Your strategy on this map would depend on your spot on it. Players in the north and east may want to consider acquiring a naval force for attack and defense. Other player would want to take a land-based and air route. This map is good for FFA and 3v3s. 2v2s are also a possibility on this map, although there may be too many resources for that.

Sand Mine

Sand Mine is a medium-large 7 player map designed for team play. There are two players situated on the western portion of the map, one being in the north and one in the south. There are two bases located in the eastern portion as well, situated across from the western ones. In between them, there are three bases ranging from the northern edge and southern edge of the map. They have gems in between their bases, along with ore between them and the eastern/western enemy bases. The other four bases have one ore patch near their base, and a large ore patch between themselves and their ally. There is a medium-sized oasis on the eastern portion of the map. There are dunes everywhere on the map, so stretching may be more difficult than you think. This map can be played as a 2v3v2, 2v2, or FFA.

Operation: Free Osiris

This is a specialty mod map designed for two players. In this map, the two players each control one unit (either Tanya or Boris), and must navigate through the map and its defenses to rescue the mummy of Osiris. In order to complete the map, both players must live because some parts require one of them do something the other couldn't. For instance, there is a part where Tanya must swim somewhere; Boris cannot swim. To make things worse on the two operatives, there is a time limit to complete the mission. If Osiris is not rescued by then, the two players lose. The map gives you choices of rescuing other units from the map. These may require more time to rescue, but can make things easier for you later.

Horseshoe Island

Horseshoe Island is a medium-sized 6 player map. There are two islands on the map. One is a small island in the northeast of the map, with two starting positions there. The other is to the west and southwest. It it in the shape of a horseshoe, bowing out to the east, while the two legs go to the western edge of the map. On this land, there are four starting spots, two on the northern leg, and two on the southern leg. On the northeastern island, there is a large patch of gems separating the two spots in the center of the island. There is no other source of income on the island, so the players must make their units count because the ore regenerates slowly. On the horseshoe island, there is one ore patch for each spot, with adjacent bases sharing one ore patch. There is also a large ore patch on the eastern portion of the island, accessible from the north and south. In between the northern and southern legs is a small body of water where fierce naval battles can occur. While this map was designed for teams, it is also decent for playing FFA.

Serpernt's Bluff

Serpent's Bluff is a 1v1 map set in the forest. One player starts in the northwest, and one in the southeast. There is an oil in the northeast portion of the map, and a cliff that is situated in between the two groups. The cliff can be ascended on from the northeast and the southwest, and contains a slim line of gems. There are three ore patches for both bases. This map helps work on stretching and tank control.

Race for Imperialism

This is a medium 4 player map. The four players start in each corner, each one dedicated to members of Ajust. There is a small moat one must cross to get to the large island in the middle. Each starting spot has some ore and gems between them and the next spot, but the real treat is on the island. The island contains a hospital and extra ore and gems scattered throughout. Naval battles will occur in the small channel, and one would be foolish to neglect a navy. Map was designed for FFA, but 2v2 is also a good choice for the map.

Cliffhanger

Cliffanger is a 3 player map designed for FFA play. There is an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean containing three spots for bases. They are arranged in a triangle fashion. The bases are located on the beach of the island. As one moves to the interior of the island, one will notice a large cliff. The cliff has no ramp for access, but there are gems up there toward the middle. One must stretch their base up the cliff toward the gems to get them. Battles on this map will be tough. The player must balance an army, navy, air units, and stretching to the gems. Stretch too much, and you may overrun your supply lines. Stretch too little, and you may be left without resources in the late game. There is an ore patch for each spot, and a large one in between any two spots. Great map for FFA with so many options available to the players.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
FiratPwNz
Former Lt General
Former Lt General

FiratPwnz's Awards
Favorite Faction : Soviets

PostSubject: Re: Osiris Map Pack    Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Good going Osiris Smile Pro map makerzzzzzz hehe Wink

Last edited by Firatpwnz on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thoth88
Corporal
Corporal

Thoth88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Osiris Map Pack    Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Cool bro we can use some of your maps in a tourny one day.
Back to top Go down
FiratPwNz
Former Lt General
Former Lt General

FiratPwnz's Awards
Favorite Faction : Soviets

PostSubject: Re: Osiris Map Pack    Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:12 pm

i cant register there it keeps saying wrong image verification....I m 100% sure I type it correctly!

Last edited by Firatpwnz on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Osiris Map Pack    Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Idk why. Try googling Yuri's Revenge forums and register from that link.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Osiris Map Pack    Today at 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Osiris Map Pack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1