This was once the home of the Clan Angels of Justice. The clan is no longer operational, and only the ruins remain.

HomeAbout AjustUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Strategies for Attic of the Arctic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards
Favorite Faction : Allies

PostSubject: Strategies for Attic of the Arctic   Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:19 pm

This is a very good map, one of the best I have done. In this thread, I will outline some in-depth strategies for it. This will be the only place online where you can get this information. The info written in this guide assumes you are playing rules where no one moves to another island. It also assumes you are playing on the island with spots 1-3.

Since there are 3 starting positions on each landmass, it is imperative that you realize you can be ganged up on at any moment. With the gems in the middle, it is tempting to park your mcv there and get them. This may or may not be the best strategy to utilize.

Spot 1

Spot 1 is a pretty versatile spot. You can go either east or west to get to the gems. This decision should be made depending on who you would rather be near while getting to the gems. If you take the western route, you must go around the ore and south along the ore. The terrain will let you know when to start building east. This will lead you into conflicts with the player on spot 2. Spot 1 seems isolated from the other spots, so you may wish to not move to the gems, but know that you can be outgunned this way. Going to the west goes over less land, and will get you to the gems more quickly.

Spot 2

Spot 2 is on the southwestern corner of the island. There is only one way to the gems, and that is north. Go north with a hint of east into your building. You want to get against the higher terrain to the east. Build around it to get to the gems. You may run into the player from spot 1. This will happen more often than not, so you must be prepared with defenses by the time you get to the break in terrain midway betweem spot 1 and spot 2. In the fight with spot 1, you must watch the player from spot 3.

Spot 3

Spot 3 may be the most difficult for those tha are inexperienced on the map. The BO is difficult on this spot because there is no room for mistakes when building to the north along the eastern shore. Then, you must cut west when the terrain allows. You may encounter the player from spot 1 and must be ready with defenses.

That is the basic BO from each spot. Depending on your spot and faction, things may vary. It will also depend on your opponents. Next I will cover the four basic economic strategies. They are staying, stretching, inching, and moving to gems. They each have their merits and can all be successful on the map.

Staying

Perhaps the safest way to play this map is to stay at your base, and mine the ore there. This means you won't go for the gems, period. If you follow this strategy, you will have less money than otherwise, but you don't get involved with the struggle for the gems. This can keep you from getting knocked out of the game early. It is best to accumulate a small force of tanks designed to attack some of your opponents' weak points like miners to keep things more even. The bad part is, if one of the other players loses quickly, it will leave you alone to fight one person with gems. This is an almost impossible task. A wily character would make a navy with late game bombardment units to bomnbard the enemy from the sea.

Stretching

Stretching to the gems is also a legitimate tactic. Instead of moving to the gems, you will build toward the gems. This will take longer to get to the gems, but you will have a wf before the players who move. This gives you an advantage as long as you can attack quickly. Go for the miners. If an opponent is Soviet, and you are too, use a miner as fodder so his miner will attack it. Then send a drone to his miner while his miner is attacking your miner. This can end the game often. If you are Allied or Yuri, just use lashers/grizzlies to kill the miner before he gets tanks to defend with. If you fail to capitalize, you will be in for a rough ride. You will wind up bumping right into his base with yours, and he will have more money than you.

Inching

Inching is also a pretty good strategy. Because of the size of the island, you can stretch your base and you will have to build extra buildings to get a ref near the gems. You can move just enough so that your second ref is near the gems. This has an advantage in that you can build less buildings to get to the gems. The downside is that you are building a little slower because of the move, and players who are stretching may try to harass you a little bit. However, you should be able to handle it because you didn't move that much. Players that move to the gems will have an advantage over you though, so watch out for them.

Moving

The riskiest strategy on the map. This can make or break you. You are basically parking your mcv close to the gems, but not too close. You do not want it to where you cannot build a ref next to the gems. This takes the longest to set up, but it can be worth it. Other player will hav e to make miners to get going, or extra refs. You don't have to do either. Just deploy near gems, start mining, and make tanks. You can outtank other players and outtech them. Players who stretch will have a big advantage over you though, as they will have a wf before you have a ref most likely.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Thoth88
Corporal
Corporal

Thoth88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Attic of the Arctic   Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:42 pm

I didn't know you were working on this! This is awesome cheers You are the man. Now we can get some ggs on this map.
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Attic of the Arctic   Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:52 pm

That's why I did it. Kila is pretty decent on this map. We owned Firat last night lol

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Thoth88
Corporal
Corporal

Thoth88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Attic of the Arctic   Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:34 pm

I want to play some ffgs on this map. Anybody going to be on today? It can help me learn Soviets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Attic of the Arctic   Today at 4:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Strategies for Attic of the Arctic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1