This was once the home of the Clan Angels of Justice. The clan is no longer operational, and only the ruins remain.

HomeAbout AjustUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Yuri Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards
Favorite Faction : Allies

PostSubject: Yuri Guide   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:14 pm

It is long overdue. I got back to it, and finished it! We now have a Yuri uide for you all. Now we can all dominate as the strongest faction. Yay!

Guide on Using Yuri

Yuri is the most powerful faction in the game, but that does not mean he is impossible to defeat. Good aggressive Yuri players are tough for the Allies and Soviets to defeat, and there are many ways to exploit Yuri’s units to make things unfair for the other factions. As a Yuri player, expect to see mainly three countries picked against you: America, Great Britain, and Iraq.

VS Allies

Against Allies, all you have to do is get mid game tech to win. At the start of the game, scout using either initiates or brutes. Initiates are cheaper and have ranged attacks while brutes are tough and faster. Once you get a wf, you must create at least 1 miner. I advise getting a gat tank first though, to counter anything coming at you early. Create another miner from the building tab as well, because Yuri needs at least 3 miners to be competitive. The Allied player will have one of a few strategies: kill your slaves, rush with machine gun ifvs, or try to tech faster than you. Don’t let the Allied player totally anti-scout you, or he can do any of these. It is safe to assume if he does anti-scout you and shows you no units, he is going to try for the lab tech, where he has a slight advantage.

If it makes it to late game, he has the advantage because of his beastly mx of late game units and the chronosphere. You still would have some tricks up your sleeve however. Magnetrons outrange every unit in the game, including prism tanks. Pick up his prism tanks and watch his main counter to mags get destroyed. The mirage tanks will be the main problem though, because they rape all Yuri’s ground forces. The best counter for that is to not let him mass mirage tanks. Of you can bring disks, but Allies have great counters for disks. You should mix your units up as well. You should have several mags, lots of gats, a few disks, and a slave miner or two for fodder. Use the slave miner(s) to lead the charge, then use the magnetrons on his units. If he has a bf, which he shouldn’t, then make a mastermind. They counter bfs, and you can grind the bf for lots of cash. They key to battling Allied late game is to slowly whittle down his forces, which are lightly armored. The thing is, you cannot make mistakes, because he has a slightly better mix. His prism tanks counter mags, mirage counters all land units, and ggi ifvs counter disks. You have counters for those units as well, but it becomes a game of better tc.

The other advantage he has is the chronosphere. These things can end the game for him, if you are not careful. The best defense is to keep him from getting one of ever firing it. But in the event he does fire it, return your units to your base, and have a psy tower ready. Scatter your units to prevent him from teleporting his units on top of yours. When he gets in range for the psy tower, pop it up. Make sure he doesn’t kill the psy radar, because that building is a prerequisite for the psy tower. It will distract him long enough for your units to get some kills. Gather your units and attack in full. The way to beat him will be to use your Genetic Mutator to keep money coming, and you should eventually outlast him for the win.

The best way to avoid that hassle is to prevent him from ever getting a lab up. As soon as you get a radar up, get a few brutes (about 3 or 4), a few lashers, and a few gats with a mag and go engage him. Send the brutes in first, then use the mag on his units. The lashers take care of units on the ground, and the brutes will contribute. The gats will be firing on the lifted unit and also do some ground damage. The brutes make excellent fodder, and he will add monstrous damage to the enemy’s tanks. What’s better is that the opponent probably won’t make fodder because you have gats. If he does have a lot of fodder, simply bring a virus along, and eliminate that threat. There isn’t much he can do about this, unless he significantly outtanks you. He may try to kill your mag with a plane, and this is a good tactic. But it will certainly mean death for the plane, and he lost more money than you. If you see him coming with it, try to dodge the missile so he is $1200 in the hole. This whole time, you should be making more lashers and gats in case he defends this attack. If it makes you feel comfortable, bring a yuri clone to help out in the battle.

This is what you want to do to prevent him from teching. But good players will not just sit there and let you kill them. Good players will harass you to keep you on the defensive, while he techs up. He may try to bring a few ggi ifvs to kill some slaves. He may back them up with some planes. The thing about that is he most likely has a bad eco, so he can attack fast. Just continue to kill his units, and don’t let him fluster you. Place a tank bunker near your miners if you can, and put a gat tank in there. This will deter any attacks with ggi ifvs. They may try to use a sniper ifv if they are Britain. This is prevented simply by moving some tanks out there to attack the ifv. Also, if he has radar, then you should too. Use a magnetron with gats in front. Attack the ifv with the mag, and if he retreats, then you have prevented him from sniping your slave. He may try to use planes, but that’s what the gats are for. If he harasses, and you defend without incurring losses or losing slaves, then you will have more money than him, and should be able to win. Magnetrons are the key, but you have to defend them. He shouldn’t make rocketeers because of gats. It would be easy vet. No matter what the strategy of the enemy is, you have the upper hand until he gets too many late game units.

VS Soviet

Soviet players can be easier or harder depending on how aggressive you are as a player. More aggressive players will have an easier time versus Allied players. Soviets have better eco in the beginning of the game than Allies. You must be ready for him to bring it to you. Smaller maps may be in his favor a little bit, but there are things you can do to keep him at bay. Lots of Soviet players will use desos and drones in the beginning. Many of them skip the wf and go straight to radar for desos. He will try to melt your slaves by deploying a deso or two in your ore field. He will then build his wf and get miners and drones to tech for the Iron Curtain. You must prevent him from getting the IC. Make your standard 3 miner build, and have a tank bunker ready to place. When he comes with desos, fill the bunker with a gat tank to kill the deso. In the bunker, the radiation won’t affect your tank. If the bunker does not work for you due to range issues or he destroys it, then you may need to may viruses to counter desos. But your virus will die if he deploys, as the deso’s radiation range is greater than the virus. In essence, you lose $700, while he loses $600. If you have to, use the miner truck to kill the deso. A good Soviet player will have some tanks to back up his deso at this point. So, if he runs his deso away, do not chase if he has tanks for backup. If he brings tanks to your base, then either make psy tower or a few yuri clones. Grind the tanks or use them against him. Another option if the opponent doesn’t bring a drone will be to make a chaos drone. Use the drone on his desos because the drone is immune to radiation. This will make the desos not attack you and you can kill the desos with gats or whatever. Do not attempt this if he has a terror drone because the terror drone is half as expensive as the chaos drone and he can drone your drone. Tech up as quickly as possible, and build a disk. Once you have disks, you can easily kill desos. Once desos are no longer a factor, then you have basically won the game, unless you allow him to get an IC. Finish him before he gets the IC.

If he gets an IC, the n do not panic. All is not lost, but you have made it much more difficult for yourself. He will try to either IC 9 tanks, or 9 drones, depending how many tanks you have. The larger your army, the larger chance he will make drones. He will fire the IC on the 9 drones. This will kill at least 9 units, and he may get more if the drones are able to hop from unit to unit. Killing the unit that is droned is the worst thing you can do, because the drones are invincible, and you allow the drone to hop to the next unit more quickly. The best counter is to grind the droned units. This way, you get a full refund for the unit plus you kill the drone and get the money for the drone. If you are not near a grinder, then you will lose more units. The best thing you can do is try to quarantine the units that were droned and kill the drones when the IC wears off. Make sure you keep grinding units and using the mutator, for the money to keep making tanks. The problem is he can keep doing this and attacking relatively quickly because drones are cheap, and the IC fires every 5 minutes. This is not a cycle you want to get into. The best thing may be to get a Psychic Dominator, to put the pressure on him to attack with tanks instead of drones. Just be sure you can afford it and can defend it. Once he kills your army with drones, then you are pretty much dead. He will IC 9 tanks, and kill your base that way. Good players will destroy more of your base with each IC because they will split their tanks and attack different buildings simultaneously. You can do a base trade if you have units left over. He will most likely win though. If you have disks, then use them on his tanks when the IC wears off. The best thing though it to keep that IC from firing once. Don’t allow him to get to the late game.

Conclusion

Yuri is the most powerful side, but can be beaten. You must be aggressive, but smart in your dealings with the other factions. Yuri play takes awesome micro and concentration. You must deal with his shortcomings in scouting and defending engineers. Once you hit late game, the game becomes as easy as it will get. Use the weapons at Yuri’s disposal correctly and you can overcome any opponent.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Thoth88
Corporal
Corporal

Thoth88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:06 am

Good writeup bro. Keep em coming. What's next in the area of guides?

PS- I'm surprised no one has read this.
Back to top Go down
Thoth88
Corporal
Corporal

Thoth88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:56 am

Man I reread this. Makes so much sense. Glad I like Britain now. Germany doesn't stand much of a chance vs Yuri.
Back to top Go down
FiratPwNz
Former Lt General
Former Lt General

FiratPwnz's Awards
Favorite Faction : Soviets

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Well there is always someone who is reading Razz
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Thoth is a bookworm. He will be stomping you soon Firat.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
FiratPwNz
Former Lt General
Former Lt General

FiratPwnz's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:38 pm

well its ok Razz I dont mind
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:50 pm

No one ever wants to practice Yuri or vs Yuri. I was whoopin Kila as Yuri last night lol. Thoth wants to start using Yuri a little so he can understand Yuri's weaknesses.

-Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
FiratPwNz
Former Lt General
Former Lt General

FiratPwnz's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:44 pm

I was always practicing YR BO in skirmish when i couldn't play and i just did it with Korea Smile
Back to top Go down
Thoth88
Corporal
Corporal

Thoth88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:36 pm

I want to start playing your Sov with Yuri Firat. I will be able to smash Sov with Allies and Yuri bwahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuri Guide   Today at 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Yuri Guide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1