This was once the home of the Clan Angels of Justice. The clan is no longer operational, and only the ruins remain.

HomeAbout AjustUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Boomer Rush

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards
Favorite Faction : Allies

PostSubject: Boomer Rush   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:06 am

The boomer rush. Probably the most broken strat in Yuri's Revenge. Boomer rushing makes Yuri godly on naval maps. In this guide I will explain what makes boomer rushing so potent and why it gives Yuri the advantage in battles.

The Gist

The gist of boomer rushing is to get boomers as soon as possible. One or two should be enough. Then start to bombard the base of your opponent. Seems simple enough to stop right? Not so fast.

All a Yuri player has to do is build a radar and sub pen. That equals a war factory in cost. So a Yuri and Soviet player should be at the same point. The Soviet player would be getting his war factory up at the same time Yuri got up his sub pen. In the following scenario, the two players have the exact same skills. The Soviet player, expecting a boomer rush, has a few options:

a) Ignore the boomer rush and focus only on land warfare
b) Make typhoon subs to intercept the boomer(s)
c) Make surface to air anti-air defenses such as flak tracks and flak cannons

The Soviet player would be a fool to choose option A, as he will get annihilated. Option B and C are equally viable, and I will go into detail about why both fail.

Creating Naval Defense

This may seem like the strategy many of you may like. Create two typhoons (2 typhoons = 1 boomer in cost) and try to defend your waters. This can be attempted in two ways. You can spread them out on both sides of your base to increase the likelihood of finding the boomer, or you could put them both on one side. Creating more than two subs puts you behind financially for the ground game, which gives Yuri an advantage. Suppose you put them both on one side of your base and find the boomer (best case scenario for you), the typhoons destroy the boomer. However, if he decides to ignore your subs he can manage to destroy at least one building first. This will most likely be your war factory. If he destroys that, he immediately paid for his boomer there. Even if he doesnt destroy anything, you spent about the same amount of money as him so he pretty much breaks even. This will not usually happen. If you deploy your subs to the wrong side of your base, well, it's gg.
You could also decide to spread out your subs. Well, you intercept the boomer, but he beats the sub easily 1v1. He could ignore the sub in this case as well and demolish your base. Creating a naval defense doesn't seem viable. I say this because only in the best case can you come away alive and Yuri has nothing to lose by boomer rushing.

Creating Air Defense

Creating air defense is also a thought that may cross into your mind. Well, one boomer equals 4 flak tracks or 2 flak cannons. You would not want flak troopers and probably won't have a radar up so early anyway.If you spend more than $2000 on air defense, then he has an advantage in the ground war. Not to mention, flak is not strong enough to kill a boomer missile in one hit, so the boomer can still destroy buildings because they shoot two missiles. Besides, you would have to spread the flak out so you don't have any weak spots in your base. This will further diminish your ability to destroy a missile.

Not Boomer Rush?

If boomer rushing is so good, why would a Yuri player not do it? It is almost a free win. Well, if the player has some decency and intelligence, he will take advantage of your fear of the boomer rush. You will spend money defending the boomer rush, and he will not make a single boomer or sub pen. That's at least $3000(sub pen + boomer) he is not spending and at least $3000(shipyard + 2 typhoons) you are spending. That is a $6000 difference. That can single handedly win the game just as a boomer rush would.

Conclusion

Boomer rushing is a very powerful tactic used by Yuri players. Even if they do not boomer rush, you must be prepared for it. You will either die by the rush or spend more money than him defending the rush. This gives him advantages in other areas. The thing that makes this strategy even more broken is that he has nothing to lose. If his attack fails, you have spent at least an equal amount of money as him. Soviet has a better chance of defending the rush because flak is better than heat-seeking missiles. Allied AA will almost always miss the second missile. Allied players also have to spend $200 more on power, slowing them down slightly. The only thing you may be able to do is move your mcv in the beginning to a place that he cannot bombard. Boomer rushing further highlights the imbalances between Yuri and the other factions. Yuri's navy is perhaps the most glaring imbalance of them all. It does not have lower tech units, instead getting a stealthed dreadnought midgame. So, there you have it. That is the infamous boomer rush.
Back to top Go down
Warhero99
AJust Founder/ Archangel Of Justice (Retired)

Favorite Faction : Soviets

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Keep 'em coming. These guides are pure own. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cc-angelsofjustice.userboard.net
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Thank you friend. I will be on in about 5-6 hours from now. Gotta do a little studying tonight.
Back to top Go down
KingDuCe
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:18 pm

its not possible to qm sov vs yuri on naval maps.

and if u boomer rush decent yuri player on yuri vs yuri, u autolose.
but i like your kind of guids.

i am sure this will help a lot of ppl to get better and to think about few steps in game.
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks for the info. I didn't know a sov can't qm a yuri on naval maps. I don't know everything about the game, so any info you wish to add don't be afraid to. For any of the guides. You can even create some.
Back to top Go down
KingDuCe
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm

for about two years, admins delete sov-land in sov vs yuri.

it was a fw for every yuri, he moved to oils, camps with bunkers, kill bridges and boomer the sov base.
naa, u do a good job and u do also qms, i like to read your guids Smile
Back to top Go down
Osiris88
Former Leader of AJust
Former Leader of AJust

Osiris88's Awards

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Then I'd have to do all the work Sad
Back to top Go down
KingDuCe
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:13 am

my english fails badly...

pizzaguru did a sov handbook for every map back in the days.
ill ask him for the link.

for every beginner, i would say he needs to go sov anyway.
this is an easy faction for learn the game.
Back to top Go down
Warhero99

Favorite Faction : Soviets

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:20 am

Bart's work was of excellent quality, but of a somewhat different nature to that of Osiris. Both types of guides complement, not replace, each other.
Back to top Go down
http://cc-angelsofjustice.userboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boomer Rush   Today at 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Boomer Rush
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1